The HEFCE Blog website located at http://blog.hefce.ac.uk, (‘blog’) including any and all content, information and materials contained within it (this “Website”), is provided by Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE) (“we”, “us”, “our”). It has been created to encourage debate and discussion across the field of higher education public policy.
It is important to note that the views expressed on this blog do not necessarily reflect the views of HEFCE and should not be treated as such.
3. Availability of Website
While we shall use reasonable endeavours to ensure that this Website is generally available we make no representation or guarantees as to such availability.
We reserve the right to withdraw access to all or any part of this Website for periods of time in order to modify its content, for scheduled or unscheduled maintenance and for other purposes, without notice to you.
Since you will receive this Website via third party telecommunications networks, you acknowledge that we cannot guarantee that the availability of this Website will be uninterrupted or error free. Similarly we cannot guarantee that the transmission of any information over such telecommunications networks will be secure nor that you will be able to access this Website at all times.
IMPORTANT: this Website is therefore provided to you on an “as is” and “as and when available” basis.
4. Personal data
To comment or contribute to the discussion we require you to submit a valid email address, but, beyond this, the Website does not collect or process personal data.
While we do endeavour to ensure that the information provided by HEFCE itself in this Blog (“Higher Education Information”) is accurate, appropriate and up-to-date, you should note that:
- since some of HEFCE’s information is provided by universities, other higher education providers, stakeholders and students, we cannot and do not undertake to monitor every item;
- we make no representations, warranties or endorsements about the information or its accuracy; and
- anything on this Website provided by HEFCE is for information purposes only and does not constitute legal or professional advice.
While we use virus checkers to check the content of the Website, we are unable to guarantee that is virus and/or error free. You should always check any content before downloading. Any content is downloaded by you from the Website at your own risk, and on the basis that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of such content.
IMPORTANT: Please note that you are solely responsible for any decisions you take based on the information contained in the Website. To the extent permitted by law, we will not be liable to you for any loss or damage arising from your use of the Website.
6. Ownership and use of Content
You acknowledge that all rights in copyright, database rights, design rights, trade marks and other intellectual property rights (whether registered, capable of registration or otherwise) throughout the world, for the full duration of such rights (“IP Rights”) in this Website (excluding the contributions from bloggers) are owned by us or our other licensors (as appropriate).
7. Contributing to the Blog
Should you choose to contribute a comment to the Blog, you agree that you will:
- post material that clearly relates to the subject matter of the blog and its articles
- treat other site users respectfully and with consideration
- recognise that this is a conversational and discursive site and participate in this spirit
- only post material that you have either written yourself or where you have the copyright owner’s agreement to do so (noting that the author may not always be the copyright owner)
- post using the English language
and that you will not:
- use the blog to advertise services or products or as a platform for internet spam
- use the site for party political purposes (HEFCE is an independent body that operates impartially and at arm’s length from central government)
- use language that is offensive, inflammatory or provocative (such as swearing or obscenity)
- break the law (please recognise that you are responsible for your comments and HEFCE is not liable for any breach of confidentially, copyright, any obscene, defamatory, seditious, blasphemous or other actionable statement you may make)
- post personal information or contact details in comments that relate either to you or other individuals
- attempt to impersonate or falsely claim to represent a person or an organisation.
Please also recognise that our disclaimer for information held on the HEFCE web-site applies equally to the information on this blog.
This blog is pre-moderated to help ensure that comments comply with the guidelines we have set out on this page. We will aim to publish comments as soon as possible, within the working hours of the Council. HEFCE reserves the right not to publish any post, for any reason, and its decision will be final.
Any user who feels that a post is inappropriate may contact: WebsiteFeedback@hefce.ac.uk for review.
We, on our own behalf grant you a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive licence to use the HEFCE Blog subject to the conditions below.
This licence does not affect your freedom under fair dealing or fair use or any other copyright or database right exceptions and limitations.
You are free to:
- copy, publish, distribute and transmit the information HEFCE has provided within this Blog (but not any contributions made by other bloggers)
You must, where you do any of the above:
- acknowledge the source of the Higher Education Information by including the following statement:© HEFCE copyright material is reproduced with the permission of Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE) and may be accessed in its original form here:[INSERT LINK] .
and, where possible, provide a link to this licence;
- ensure that you do not use the HEFCE Blog information in a way that suggests any official status or that we endorse you or your use of the HEFCE Blog or the information contained therein;
- ensure that you do not mislead others or misrepresent HEFCE blog information or its source; and
- ensure that your use of the HEFCE Blog does not breach the Data Protection Act 1998 or the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
These are important conditions of this licence and if you fail to comply with them the rights granted to you under this licence, this licence will end automatically.
This licence does not cover the use of any of the logos on this site except where they form an integral part of a document or dataset.
7. Links to third party sites
We provide links to third party sites and content for your convenience. These links are not recommendations. Please note that third party content may be subject to terms and conditions imposed by the third party owner of the content. The inclusion of third party links does not imply endorsement by us of any content contained on the sites accessible via those links. HEFCE is not responsible for the content of such third party websites and hereby disclaims all liability for any loss and/or damage that may be incurred by you as a result of your access and/or use of such content.
8. Web cookies
We use two types of cookies on our Website:
- Web Cookies
- Google Analytics
Google stores the information collected by the cookie on servers in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. By using this HEFCE Blog website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
You do not have to accept this cookie and may reject or delete it. Further information about how to do this can be found on Google:
9. Contacting Us
You can contact us by sending an e-mail to: WebsiteFeedback@hefce.ac.uk
Or by writing to us at: